- Wash the catfish. Do not wash too many times otherwise the oils will drain away
- Mix the catfish with 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp cumin powder and 2 Tbsp lemon. Keep it for at least 1/2 hr – 1 hour
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Put the cumin seeds and when they sputter, put the onions. Stir fry for a while and then put the minced garlic. Stir fry till onion becomes translucent
- Put the chopped tomatoes, stir fry till soft, then put the tomato puree.
- Put the remaining turmeric, salt and cumin powder. Stir fry till it becomes gooey
- Put the yogurt and continue to stir fry till the fat separates
- Put the cauliflower, stir fry about 5 mins
- Put the catfish and stir fry everything till the sauce coats the cauliflower and fish evenly – about 5 mins
- Put enough water to cover everything. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 mins. Reduce gravy to desired consistency.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro
- Serve with hot rice
Recipe from: http://www.nibbledish.com/people/pallu/recipes/catfish-curry
Changes were made. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/