- Subtly dust scallops with curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat with zest.
- Get a pan searing hot, add butter.
- Sear scallops 30 secs a side, add a touch of EVOO to stop it from burning then further sear it for 15 secs.
- Remove immediately and let it rest on a wire rack.
- Using a paring knife, tap on the tip of the quail’s egg to crack. (unless u have tiny and sharp fingernails) Cook eggs on the same pan for 20secs, remove and set aside.
- Get a pan searing hot, add butter, garlic and prosciutto.
- When garlic starts to turn golden brown, add in corn and brussels. Toss. Saute for 2 mins.
- Add vermouth. Reduce. Season lightly with salt but lots of black pepper. Add a touch of EVOO if it looks like its starting to burn.
- Saute until brussels are tender, turn off heat.
- Stir in cream and set aside.
- Blitz everything in a blender for 1 min.
To serve, spoon succotash on a plate, top with scallops then egg, then a dot of vinaigrette and drizzle with black truffle oil.
Recipe from: http://www.opensourcefood.com/people/UncleDee/recipes/seared-sea-scallops-with-succotash
Changes were made. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/