Prepare the sauce:
1. Pulse the carrot and ginger in a food processor until finely chopped.
2. Add the vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce and sugar and process until smooth.
3. Drizzle in 2 tablespoons water and combine; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and set aside.
Prepare the burgers:
4. Chop the tuna into chunks.
5. Wipe out the food processor and add the tuna; pulse a few times to break up the pieces.
6. In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons olive oil, the soy sauce, lime juice, cilantro and ginger; season with salt and pepper. Pour over the tuna and process until well blended.
7. Form into 4 patties; brush each lightly with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil.
8. Preheat a grill or grill pan. Once hot, add the burgers and cook for 2 minutes on each side for rare, or to desired doneness.
9. Toss the sprouts in the carrot-ginger sauce. Place the burgers on buns and top with avocado and sprouts.
Recipe from: http://www.nibbledish.com/people/CatchOfTheDay/recipes/tuna-burgers-with-carrot-ginger-sauce
Photograph by Con Poulos
Changes were made. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/